Tuesday, February 8, 2011

TOP TEN...

I know our posts have been little lacking lately & many of you have been asking for some "finished" house shots.  So now that we've finally had a chance to wrap up little details with the house & have had a chance to settled in & actually ENJOY our house, there are finally some pictures to follow!  Aside from LOVING our house, here is a top ten of our favorite things about it:

10.  Garage...
What a treat (for us) to have a garage that can fit more than 1 car... technically 3 if we really want... & have room for stuff! We haven't even begun to organize it but come spring, we'll really love it. The stairs that go from the garage to the basement have been a hit too... especially contractors when needed to do stuff in the basement! That was our house design guy's idea & we love it!

9.  Kids rooms! 
They both love having their own room & space.  They love that they both got to pick colors & help paint it too!  We love that they have room to actually play in their rooms too!

8.  Mudroom with lockers & mail center...

It is so nice having an area right off the garage for a quick, yet organized drop off of coats & shoes... not to mention with laundry, 1/2 bath & coat closet right there too.  It has been really nice after sledding for a place to drop off all our wet & snowy clothes & an easy place to dry them too!  The mailcenter is awesome because it keeps the kitchen from becoming the mail/clutter drop off!

7.  Main floor laundry...
I love having my laundry on the main floor (rather than the basement).  It is much easier for me to keep track of it & I'm not running up & down stairs all the time.  With our bedroom on the main level, it will continue to be convenient!  Plus I love my new machines... Cinderella may have had birds & mice to sing to her but I have my washer & dryer that sing happy little songs when turned on or they finish a cycle.  Yes, it is the little things that bring a smile to one's face... I've always said I'm easily amused!

6.  Master bath... ok, for me it is the tub! 
Gotta love a big soaking tub & the fact that it is in a bathroom that isn't shared with the kids anymore! 


5. Bonus room (aka guest room, craft room, exercise room)...
This is by far, a favorite room of all.  It is such a fun room with great views & a cozy feel!  We stayed here for the first month while a few things downstairs were being wrapped up... I finally had to kick Mike out or he'd still be there!  This one will move up on my list even more once my craft area is up & running!  In the meantime, we can't wait for guests to enjoy it too!!

4. Our living room...
We have been enjoying our fireplace almost nightly & LOVE our big window back to the valley where we can keep an eye on the wildlife in the valley!  We love how open it is to the kitchen & dining area... & it certainly is a place where we relax & enjoy time together as a family... guess we really should call it a FAMILY room!

3. The Farm House...
Our design guy did a fabulous job designing a "farm house look" for our home that would look like it fit in back on the old farm.  We can't wait for warmer weather to use our covered porch as well as the screen porch off to the side!

2. The Kitchen! 

Ok, this may not be as high on Mike's list... but on mine it is certainly one of my favorite things!!!! To say I LOVE my kitchen is an understatement. Those who know me well, know how much I enjoy cooking as well as entertaining... and it certainly is conducive to both! We found this kitchen in a parade of homes we toured back in the fall of 2008 & I knew instantly that it was "my" kitchen. I added my big pantry (like I had at my old house), which just rounded it out to be perfect! I have a great view from my sink window & it is open with the dining & living room.


1.  LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION...
What more can we say... we are truly blessed to have been able to move to a place we love.  Our new house is nice but what makes it amazing (for us) is truly about where it is located.  It is still a little surreal as we look out of various windows into the valleys on the farm that we actually live here now. 


This farm has been in the family for over 100 years & so when we look out, we can't help but think about the people who have lived, worked & enjoyed the beauty of this farm.  This winter, the kids have enjoyed having places to sled & play in the snow within walking distance of the house & it is fun to be able to strap on the
snowshoes any time...
...plus, it came with some pretty great neighbors too!

No comments:

Post a Comment